History of Fox River Lutheran Church
Fox River Lutheran Church was born in 1839, in a two story log cabin along the banks of the Fox River, as Norwegian immigrants were led to reach out with the gospel of Jesus Christ in their new homeland. They built a church building in "The Norwegian Settlement" or "Norway" in 1843. In 1917 this congregation merged with another evangelical Lutheran body who had built a sanctuary 1 mile east and 1/2 mile south of Norway in 1861. This merged church took the name "Fox River Lutheran" in 1977.
Fox River purchased property in 2003 and began construction of a new facility 1/4 mile east of the intersection of US Highway 52 and IL Highway 71. The first service in the new building was held on July 2nd, 2006. The mortgage on the new building was paid off in December of 2008. God is Good!